Well, the Wilkins wedding is a little over two weeks away…
And I’m starting to feel the jitters of anticipation. Although this is the second wedding that I have coordinated, I’m 100% sure that no matter how many wedding that I plan, I’ll always have that anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach, hoping that the couple loves what I’ve done, and were able to enjoy their day in the way they wanted.
In regards to the Wilkins wedding, all things have gone according to plan!
Well, sort of.
All weddings are a little messy, and no one should expect them to go according to plan. I’m not really going to dive into details, but honestly, this job is a lot of work! Designing my website, making so many phone calls and email conversations in the past week, making lists to check, and maybe a few glasses of wine to relax… I know I can handle the stress, because why would I choose this life for myself if I couldn’t, but that doesn’t make things any easier.
And the thing is, we’re just getting to the hard part!
Just to show you a brief summary of my To Do List:
- Call ABC Brewery to finalize venue, guest list, and catering menu
- Prep for the Bachelorette Party (Wish I could delve in more, but I fear the bride may be snooping)
- This includes calling multiple unnamed establishments to confirm reservations and VIP status.
- Call hotel in Carlisle to confirm reservation
- Find dress for rehearsal dinner
- Find dress for wedding
- Call about portable bathrooms (There will be around 280 guests at the reception, so they’re 100% necessary)
- Drink that glass of wine (or the whole bottle…)
- Finalize programs and seating charts
So, obviously that’s not it, because I would be sitting here all day if I had to write my entire check list, but you get the idea.
Anyways, the tents go up next week and the tables and chairs are being delivered two days before the wedding! I’ll be in Carlisle starting that Thursday night until Sunday morning.
I just wanted to give a shout out to the newlyweds to be! I’m so incredibly proud of Jamie and Keenan for really sticking to this wedding and never giving up on the end goal. I can tell that they love each other to no end, and they deserve all the happiness in the world!
Lastly, I’m definitely looking forward to the next two weeks! I can’t wait to get my hands on the venue for her reception and really turn it into Jamie and Keenan’s dream wedding!
More to come (Especially pictures!)
Much love and happiness!